Sunday, November 7, 2010

Getting Things Done. Sometimes.

Photo Credit: koalazymonkey
I am an incredibly disorganized person by nature. As a child, my nickname was "slob". If it weren't for Mr. S keeping me in line, I would be featured on the next episode of Hoarders.

It's not just organizing my tangible crap that I need help with though. I am equally awful at things like time management and planning. I am a habitual list-maker, but nine times out of ten, I spend more time making the list than I do accomplishing any of the tasks.

I stumbled upon an amazing system a few weeks ago called Getting Things Done (GTD, if you're hip.)  I had heard of GTD and its creator David Allen before, but I assumed it was just another standard how-to-become-a-corporate-robot book like so many out there. However, after seeing how popular it is on lifestyle design blogs and other geeky websites, I decided to look into it.

I'm going to get the book (one day soon...once I stop procrastinating...) but for now I've been absorbing as much as I can over at 43folders.com. If you're interested, here's a good place to start.

No comments:

Post a Comment